Savory Stuffed Pork Chops
Who’d ever guess stuffed chops could be so simple? Baby spinach and stuffing mix are the secrets to this elegant recipe. Rebecca Nossaman - Ballwin, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach, cook until wilted. Stir in the stuffing mix, sour cream and sage.
- Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.